Driver Side Mirror Shakes

I have a new (used 77,000 miles) 1994 ES300. I love this car! However, my driver's side mirror has begun shaking, as if something is loose. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

is the glass shaking or the whole mirror? if its the mirror very easy to tighten there is 2 or 3 nuts that hold the mirror on take off the tweeter cover and you will see that cover just pops off you will see i think its either a 10mm or 12mm nuts good luck if you need more help i can post pics? thanks...adam

I have a new (used 77,000 miles) 1994 ES300. I love this car! However, my driver's side mirror has begun shaking, as if something is loose. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

is the glass shaking or the whole mirror? if its the mirror very easy to tighten there is 2 or 3 nuts that hold the mirror on take off the tweeter cover and you will see that cover just pops off you will see i think its either a 10mm or 12mm nuts good luck if you need more help i can post pics? thanks...adam

Unfortunately it is just the glass, not the whole mirror housing. The remote function works fine, and the mirror is staying in place, just shaking. I want to get it fixed before the glass falls out, if that is a possibility.

In the past I have had a similar problem with a Nissan. When I looked up at the bottom of the mirror arm from below the car on that particular model, there were two or three screws that could be tightened and corrected the mirror shake in my case. As I recall I had to use captainadam's suggestion to first remove the mirror from the car, in order to get clearance for a screwdriver to fit in one of the screws because of the curve of the top of the door skin didn't allow the screwdriver to seat. If this doesn't apply in your case, the other situation I'm familiar with is that the motor unit that tilts the mirror has come loose from its mounting inside the mirror body, and needs its screws tightened. To get to those screws you'll need to remove the entire mirror from the car, then push the wiring harness back inside the case to get enough slack for the next step. Then carefully, and I mean carefully, pop the mirror and its backing plate from the body of the mirror case using a cloth wrapped screwdriver. The mirror will then hang from its wiring but will pull far enough out of its case for you to tighten the screws inside. Then getting the mirror to pop back onto the tilt mechanism will take patience. Start with the swing bar first, then the two small ball sockets (You'll see what I mean if you have to get to this stage). Good Luck!

In the past I have had a similar problem with a Nissan. When I looked up at the bottom of the mirror arm from below the car on that particular model, there were two or three screws that could be tightened and corrected the mirror shake in my case. As I recall I had to use captainadam's suggestion to first remove the mirror from the car, in order to get clearance for a screwdriver to fit in one of the screws because of the curve of the top of the door skin didn't allow the screwdriver to seat. If this doesn't apply in your case, the other situation I'm familiar with is that the motor unit that tilts the mirror has come loose from its mounting inside the mirror body, and needs its screws tightened. To get to those screws you'll need to remove the entire mirror from the car, then push the wiring harness back inside the case to get enough slack for the next step. Then carefully, and I mean carefully, pop the mirror and its backing plate from the body of the mirror case using a cloth wrapped screwdriver. The mirror will then hang from its wiring but will pull far enough out of its case for you to tighten the screws inside. Then getting the mirror to pop back onto the tilt mechanism will take patience. Start with the swing bar first, then the two small ball sockets (You'll see what I mean if you have to get to this stage). Good Luck!

gbhrps, thanks so much. That took care of it. Both screws on the bottom of the mirror arm were loose. I was able to use a phillips bit in a socket driver to get to the screw with the limited clearance. Thanks again.