Blue Tooth Phone Problems

I purchased a brand new '08 460L, and I have had it for a month. The car is great, however during the past week, I have continual problems with my bluetooth phone. The phone is a Samsung Blackjack, and the service is Cingular, however every time I get in the car now, I am prompted on my phone to "Connect with Lexus?" When I press yes, it connects for about 5 seconds, then disconnects, and then my phone prompts me again with "Connect with Lexus?" Sometimes it auto-connects or disconnects during a call, which is obviously very frustrating. Yesterday, I was on the phone with my wife (over Bluetooth) and the Lexus Link started ringing while I was on another call. The lady came over the speaker and asked how she could help me and I told her I didn't call her, she had called me! She apologized, hung up, and then of course, the bluetooth went out, and I had to talk to my wife on my actual cell-phone.

This never happened during the first three weeks of the vehicle, and this never happens on my Jabra earpiece either. The only thing I can do to solve it (temporarily) is to turn off my phone and restart it. Then it will work only during that trip in the vehicle, however if I come back later in the day (even and hour later), it acts up again unless I restart my phone.

Anybody experienced anything like this, and/or have any words of wisdom? It is a great vehicle, however it is a shame to have to mess with something as frustrating as that. I don't know that it is a Lexus problem, but I feel like it is given the whole Lexus Link call issue, and the fact that my other bluetooth devices have never experienced difficulties of this sort with my phone.

I purchased a brand new '08 460L, and I have had it for a month. The car is great, however during the past week, I have continual problems with my bluetooth phone. The phone is a Samsung Blackjack, and the service is Cingular, however every time I get in the car now, I am prompted on my phone to "Connect with Lexus?" When I press yes, it connects for about 5 seconds, then disconnects, and then my phone prompts me again with "Connect with Lexus?" Sometimes it auto-connects or disconnects during a call, which is obviously very frustrating. Yesterday, I was on the phone with my wife (over Bluetooth) and the Lexus Link started ringing while I was on another call. The lady came over the speaker and asked how she could help me and I told her I didn't call her, she had called me! She apologized, hung up, and then of course, the bluetooth went out, and I had to talk to my wife on my actual cell-phone.

This never happened during the first three weeks of the vehicle, and this never happens on my Jabra earpiece either. The only thing I can do to solve it (temporarily) is to turn off my phone and restart it. Then it will work only during that trip in the vehicle, however if I come back later in the day (even and hour later), it acts up again unless I restart my phone.

Anybody experienced anything like this, and/or have any words of wisdom? It is a great vehicle, however it is a shame to have to mess with something as frustrating as that. I don't know that it is a Lexus problem, but I feel like it is given the whole Lexus Link call issue, and the fact that my other bluetooth devices have never experienced difficulties of this sort with my phone.

I have had some problems too with my bluetooth. It almost always connects automatically when I get in but occasionally (every 40th call) my screen will display "check phone" the radio will kick back in and I have to scramble to grab the phone before the caller hangs up, as my phone switches to speaker phone. The only way I can remedy this is to turn me vehicle off and restart it at a light. I am unwilling to take it into Lexus because, quite frankly I doubt they will do anything and because I do not want to be without my car for at least a day for a minor problem.

I also had blue tooth problems, although of a different nature using a Samsung/Cingular phone. Lexus wouldn't always recognize the phone. I swithed to a Moto Razar which works fine. You might try a different phone. But there is a nagging problem that Lexus can't fix: When I dial from the handset via bluetooth, the console doesn't take control until the other party has answered (actually several seconds afterwards). Many hang up after a few seconds of silence. These blue tooth Lexus problems plus the annoying requirement to be stopped to use Navigation are sending me back to Mercedes or BMW!