1997 Lexus Es300

NamelessXV

Im new at this, just got my ES300. Previously my check engine light was on for a faulty O2 sensor, and now tonight my TRAC OFF light is on. It came on after i made a right turn, accelerating as i exited the turn and the car was stalling but didnt turn off once i straighten into the lane. Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Mine did that once, but it was on ice. I came around a corner and sped up too fast so my tires spun and my traction control came on. It flashed a few times to get its bearings down and then the car kind of started to sputter. I was like "What's goin on here" I looked down and my Check Engine and Trac lights were on (and stayed on). Read the code real fast and it turned out to be a faulty EGR sensor. 30 dollar fix; never happened again. Then again, it could be a million different things other than that. That's just my story.

• 3 months later...

This might be foolish of me, but I usually just find the fuse for the trac off light and pull it out for 30 seconds, which resets it for a month or so. I do the same for the check engine light ever since I took it to a mechanic and paid to have the o2 sensor replaced, which didn't resolve the light on issue. If I were you, I would only reset the fuses as a last resort, but it's worked for me without any problems.