How Do I Remove Rear Marker Light Assembly?

PhxWilsons

2005 RX330

The passanger-side rear marker light (bottom corner of bumper) is broken . I would like to replace it myself, but can't figure out how to remove it. By looking from underneath the car, it appears the assembly is bolted on, but the nut is in an impossible to reach place, even using socket extensions and a universal joint.

Other than removing the rear bumper cover, does anyone know how to remove the entire rear marker light assembly? Any help will be appreciated.

2005 RX330

The passanger-side rear marker light (bottom corner of bumper) is broken . I would like to replace it myself, but can't figure out how to remove it. By looking from underneath the car, it appears the assembly is bolted on, but the nut is in an impossible to reach place, even using socket extensions and a universal joint.

Other than removing the rear bumper cover, does anyone know how to remove the entire rear marker light assembly? Any help will be appreciated.

Start by removing the few bolts holding the bottom rear of the fender liner in place and then be "brave" in tugging outward on the panel holding the light. Plastic ball & socket snap in body panel.

2005 RX330

Start by removing the few bolts holding the bottom rear of the fender liner in place and then be "brave" in tugging outward on the panel holding the light. Plastic ball & socket snap in body panel.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Really? OK, I'll give it a try, Monday, and let you know how I do.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++