Remote Locks Issue

The remote locks on my 01 GS300 are acting up. Each time I press the lock or unlock button the car lock or unlocks a couple times too many. It also happens when i press unlock inside the car. The actuators are all functioning fine and the locks do work, its just getting really annoying hearing it beep 10 times every time i unlock the thing. I was hoping it was a bad fuse or something along those lines but I am not really sure where to start. Has this happened to anyone, or something like it? Any help would be great.

The remote locks on my 01 GS300 are acting up. Each time I press the lock or unlock button the car lock or unlocks a couple times too many. It also happens when i press unlock inside the car. The actuators are all functioning fine and the locks do work, its just getting really annoying hearing it beep 10 times every time i unlock the thing. I was hoping it was a bad fuse or something along those lines but I am not really sure where to start. Has this happened to anyone, or something like it? Any help would be great.

I'm thinking you have a lock actuator starting to fail or has failed. It is probably sensing one of the doors is not fully locked and trying again. Try manually locking all doors and then hitting your remote to lock and see if it makes a difference.

I'm thinking you have a lock actuator starting to fail or has failed. It is probably sensing one of the doors is not fully locked and trying again. Try manually locking all doors and then hitting your remote to lock and see if it makes a difference.

LEXUSENG, if manually locking causes the remote to operate properly should I assume from your comments that it is an actuator going or gone? When I try to lock with my remote it locks all doors except the driver and does not set the system. If I manually lock the driver's door, the remote operates correctly. When I unlock, all doors are unlocked but the response occurs twice. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, you were right. It turned out that the lock on the front passenger door has gone bad. The reason it was beeping at me a second or so time was that the car realized that the door didn't lock/unlock the first time so it gave it a second try. For a couple weeks the second try worked, but now that lock only functions manually. Honestly its not too big of a problem for me, but my girlfriend is getting tired of me reminding her to lock her door when she gets out. I guess its time for me to lookup the posts for how to replace an actuator. I can't say that I am particularly thrilled, but if this is the only thing wrong on a 2001 car w/ 115k then i guess thats not too bad.

I have another problem: the remote can't control trunk. I need to use key or pull handle at driver site. Press trunk button on remote blinks but car has no response sound. 2005 GS300 thanks for help.