Buying Is300

Dickytom

So I'm looking for an IS300 to keep my Tacoma 4x4 company. I know I want a manual trans and the LSD. Does anyone know how to determine if a car's got the LSD by looking at the VIN or are there other signs to look for? Most of the salespeople I've talked to don't know that the car can be had with a 5 speed much less if it has LSD. Is there a site that gives the differences from year to year and what kind of problem areas to look for? I've owned Toyotas my whole driving life and know how reliable they are but I also know they have their quirks. Any help would be great.

So I'm looking for an IS300 to keep my Tacoma 4x4 company. I know I want a manual trans and the LSD. Does anyone know how to determine if a car's got the LSD by looking at the VIN or are there other signs to look for? Most of the salespeople I've talked to don't know that the car can be had with a 5 speed much less if it has LSD. Is there a site that gives the differences from year to year and what kind of problem areas to look for? I've owned Toyotas my whole driving life and know how reliable they are but I also know they have their quirks. Any help would be great.

Ill sell you mine . It has 62,000k on it w/suade heated seats, moonroof, 5 speed (auto tho) and is in great shape with every oil change record and tire rotation record. Purchased from Lexus of Lexington,Ky.1 owner . This car has minor front end damage and no frame damage. Id give it to you right!!!