96 Radiator Identification

RichW

Blew the radiator on my 96 today. It developed a crack in the plastic top across from the upper hose connection.

So... I go looking online for someone selling OEM radiators. No luck. Then I find some aftermarket places claim there is one radiator that fits it while others show 4 different ones and claim that 96 radiators vary depending on if the fan assembly is attached to it with bolts or clips.

Anyone been-there-done-that with a 96 radiator ?

btw, its stamped "422130-8301" on top. No luck searching by that number.

The number you showed is not a toyota part number. If you are looking for a good quality radiator we use www.autopartswarehouse.com. In many cases they are the same as OEM with good pricing. As I recall they have free shipping on orders over $50 and they have warehouses all over the country. We have received radiators with in 3 days.

The number you showed is not a toyota part number. If you are looking for a good quality radiator we use www.autopartswarehouse.com. In many cases they are the same as OEM with good pricing. As I recall they have free shipping on orders over $50 and they have warehouses all over the country. We have received radiators with in 3 days.

I wonder why Toyota would put a number other than the part number on it. Interesting. Thanks for the referral, I'll give autopartswarehouse a try !

I wonder why Toyota would put a number other than the part number on it. Interesting. Thanks for the referral, I'll give autopartswarehouse a try !

Turned out autopartswarehouse.com had the same issue as the other online vendors. They claim there are two types of radiators for a 96 ES300, one series has "T6" stamped on top while the other is stamped "TK". Of course they only stock one and not the other so I took a gamble and ordered what they had.

Notice my radiator isn't stamped "T6" or "TK" and apparently has some non-existent OEM part number on it:

lexrad.jpg