Nav Mod For Gs 460?

I just got the 2008 GS 460 w/ navigation. Is there any kind of mod out there that will allow me to play DVD's, and use the navigation while driving.

I would be interested as well. I just picked up my '08 Black/Black GS 460 today. Great car. Love the engine "growl."

Al

• 1 month later...
I just got the 2008 GS 460 w/ navigation. Is there any kind of mod out there that will allow me to play DVD's, and use the navigation while driving.

I would be interested as well. I just picked up my '08 Black/Black GS 460 today. Great car. Love the engine "growl."

Al

Just got a GS460 two days ago... Love it... I would also like to know if there is an override code...

• 2 weeks later...

All I've found on the web is a physical hack to allow dvd's to be played while driving, as well as bluetooth phone dial pad to be used while driving. It involves cutting a few wires that go into the navigation and connection two of the cut wires together (capping the others) and ground the parking brake sensor.

However, even this does not allow inputting navigation while driving.

That involves a more serious mod but putting in a rocker switch to cut of vehicle speed sense to the navigation. Google for the dvd hack and you should find it fairly easily.

Just got a GS460 two days ago... Love it... I would also like to know if there is an override code...

There is an override sequence that can be performed to allow navigation input while driving, but you must do it each time you restart the engine.

From what I hear, it will only work with gen4 navigations version 5.1 and has been cancelled in the 7.1version.

Again, try google and you should find it easily.