Bluetooth Blackjack 2

I just replaced my Samsung Blackjack with a Blackjack 2 for my 07 LS460L. The first model worked perfectly; the new one has a feedback echo when calling out while using the in-dash handsfree keyboard only. It works fine on incoming calls and when I dial out using the phone's keys. ATT says go to Lexus, Lexus says go to ATT, Samsung says go to hell. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I too have had trouble with the Blackjack II from Samsung. Within the vehicle the call sounds good (not great, just good) but on the remote end my voice is overmodulated to the point of sounding distorted. Samsung says the phone is not the problem and there have been no other reports of a problem like this. AT&T is no help saying it's a car problem. I did find one TSB for a different model Lexus where they traced it to a microphone which was defective and replacing the microphone fixed it. What's odd is that this does not happen with a Motorola Razr V3. Of course a big difference is that the Blackjack II uses a newer high-data-rate bluetooth chip. My bet is on the Samsung as being the problem; however no way to prove it.

If you find anything please post it here! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have the original Blackjack, and a month old 460L. My sound quality using bluetooth is great, and I had zero problems with it for the first three weeks. Then came this week, in which my phone will not sync with the car. It continually asks if I want to sync, connects for 5 seconds, disconnects, and then asks again. It is very frustrating too, because it auto-connects and disconnects during phone calls. Yesterday while on a call to my wife, the Lexus Link began ringing and the chick came onto my call and asked how she could help me??? I have tried resetting my phone, and that works for that trip only, and then the next time I get in the car, same drill all over again.

I have the dealership "guru" checking into it, and if I find anything out I will update. Seems ironic the only posts occur with Blackjack phones and Cingular though? :(

• 1 month later...