Front And Rear Brake Pads Different?

coolwater

I have never heard of the brake pads you are asking about, but from years of doing brake jobs on all makes of cars I can guarantee you that the front and rear brakes of any car take different brake pads. The fronts do about 60 % of the braking on the car and are substantially larger than the rears.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted the same pads that originally came on my ES300 and was able to find them at autopartswarehouse.com. They came packaged in a Toyota box and the best part, not brake dust. I tried Akibono on my wife's RX.... BRAKE DUST everywhere! Depending on production date there appears to be three sets available at that website.... front pads are W0133-1615727, W0133-1615812 or W0133-1615805.

I wanted the same pads that originally came on my ES300 and was able to find them at autopartswarehouse.com. They came packaged in a Toyota box and the best part, not brake dust. I tried Akibono on my wife's RX.... BRAKE DUST everywhere! Depending on production date there appears to be three sets available at that website.... front pads are W0133-1615727, W0133-1615812 or W0133-1615805.

Brake Pad Set ACT Ceramic w/ Shims (Front)

2000 Lexus ES 300 V6

Akebono (OEM)

N1010-88308

Lexus 2000 Akebono (OEM)

Brake Pad Set (rear)

2000 - 2001 Lexus ES300

Centric

CE105.08350

2000 - 2001 Lexus

These are the one I am planning to buy No dust on the front brake pad.