1999 Es 300 Timing Belt And Water Pump Replacement

artificer88

So, it's come that time where I must replace the timing belt and water pump in my 1999 ES 300 and I was wondering what parts I should get.

Is it allowable to get Toyota Camry parts as they are the same(ish) model?

Any advice in terms of going about this procedure is welcome :)

So, it's come that time where I must replace the timing belt and water pump in my 1999 ES 300 and I was wondering what parts I should get.

Is it allowable to get Toyota Camry parts as they are the same(ish) model?

Any advice in terms of going about this procedure is welcome :)

welcome to LOC! :)

I would have them CHECK/test the water pump. 10 to 1 you do not need it and I would replace it at the next TB. Save the $200

Replace the coolant, belts, cam and crank seals along with the TB. Some will say replace tentioner etc but I was told it does not need it (they will tell you). Wait till next time.

I had mine done at Lexus since it was not worth my time.

Thank you for the welcome :)

They definitely need to be replaced, I found out just a few days ago from my mechanic that the previous owner never changed them and my car is at 130000 miles.

How many cam are required to do the job? I was quoted 5, but a supplier says 2 is all I need.

I also prefer to do the job myself, that way I can guarantee it works :)

Thank you for the welcome :)

They definitely need to be replaced, I found out just a few days ago from my mechanic that the previous owner never changed them and my car is at 130000 miles.

How many cam are required to do the job? I was quoted 5, but a supplier says 2 is all I need.

I also prefer to do the job myself, that way I can guarantee it works :)

Just because the car has 130K miles does not mean the wate pump is bad either. My lexus dealer here says to replace everyother Timing belt. That is 180K for water pump.

I wil look on the seals. I did not do mine since I did not have time