Just Replaced The Battery In My 1997 Lexus Es...car Is Dead Now

jms493

I replaced a the battery with no problems but when I went to start the car...nothing

So I assume it is the anti theft deterrent system. But the car is dead as a doornail. The manual does not instruct us on what to do if this happens.....

ANy Ideas??? THanks

I replaced a the battery with no problems but when I went to start the car...nothing

So I assume it is the anti theft deterrent system. But the car is dead as a doornail. The manual does not instruct us on what to do if this happens.....

ANy Ideas??? THanks

Are the cables tight? Try moving them on the batt posts? Maybe the 97 is diff from my 98 but my 98 was a 10 minute thing and no anti nothing came into play.

Here is a dumb on, but is the battery good? Tested at above 12.5V; should be over 13 in good condition.

Lastly, Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

ANy Ideas??? THanks

Are the cables tight? Try moving them on the batt posts? Maybe the 97 is diff from my 98 but my 98 was a 10 minute thing and no anti nothing came into play.

Here is a dumb on, but is the battery good? Tested at above 12.5V; should be over 13 in good condition.

Lastly, Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

My compass mirror is not working?