Climate Control Module

Nuts

New Club Member

Group: Regular Member

Member No.: 58,000

Car Model:1999 RX 300

Warn: (0%)

I have a question I need to ask a someone. I bought this SUV for my daughter, it was wrecked and I have had everything fixed on it at a body shop. The only thing left to fix on it was the Climated Control module and door locks. The monitor screen is blank. I don't know if it was due to the airbags being deployed it the front that may have caused this or what? I went on line and bought a used Climated control module but when I hooked it all up it did the same thing. The screen comes on but you can't see any of the characters on the screen. The radio and CD player plays but nothing in the display, I know that the upper portion is for trip display and the middle is for Climate, and the bottom of the display is for the radio /Cd player but I can't see noting on the screen, it 's lite up but nothing displays on it. Is this an issue with the unit itself or do I have to take it to a dealer and have them put it on a computer and have it reprogrammed. Also the power locks don't work with when I press the lock button on the keyless entry. I can hear the rear door lock but that is it, so I know the keyless entry does work. need some help with these issues. Also when you open the door the inside light doesn't come on. The damage in the wreck was to passenger side only, and it was a mild fender bender.

Full Edit

Quick Edit

lenore

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Nov 19 2007, 08:41 AM Post #2

Guru Member

Group: Regular Member

Member No.: 12,820

Car Model:1999 RX300

Might just be a plug that came undone during the colision,The display lights up which means at least it has power, but maybe there is an data line unplugged. I dont have any schematics for the unit but maybe somebody will input. If not post on Club Lexus site also, there are a couple of individuals there that know a lot about the head unit.

--------------------

1999 RX300 AWD

2007 ES350 (son's)