Excessive Vibration At Idle

This is my first post and am new to this site. I have a 2000 LX470 with 120K on it. It is still in great condition. I just started noticing a probelm when at idle my Lexus rattles or vibrates excessively. I took it to my local mechanic and he metioned that it might be the motor mounts. However he checked the motor mounts and he said they were fine and that it might be from normal wear and tear. I told him to find the wear or tear and replace it...:) So he is performing a thourough check now but does anyone out there have this same problem? Please help. Thanks to all.

This is my first post and am new to this site. I have a 2000 LX470 with 120K on it. It is still in great condition. I just started noticing a probelm when at idle my Lexus rattles or vibrates excessively. I took it to my local mechanic and he metioned that it might be the motor mounts. However he checked the motor mounts and he said they were fine and that it might be from normal wear and tear. I told him to find the wear or tear and replace it...:) So he is performing a thourough check now but does anyone out there have this same problem? Please help. Thanks to all.

Did he check to see if all cylinders are firing correctly? There could be a failure in a spark plug igniter. This will throw a code as a cylinder misfire.