Heating In Winter

i turn on my heated seats for immediate warmth, i can often use them on cool mornings instead of any other cabin heat and save 2 to 3 mpg in the process.

In addition, if you have access to 110v extention cord near your parking, get a block heater. BOOM. Heat, right now. We keep ours on a timer so it only turns on a few hours before we're up-an-attum. It (along with blocking the grill) keeps our winter mpg up higher too.

My car heat comes up fast enough for my needs but if you aren't happy with the delay other than a heated garage a plug in heater is your only / best option

It takes almost 5-6 minutes for the hot air to start blowing when I turn my car ON in the morning. Is there any way to expedite this ?

Yes, actually there is....

So as to not discomfort you with a RUSH of still cold airflow most systems will not activate the blower motor until the coolant temperature rises to ~130F....

UNLESS you use the defrost/defog/demist mode.

But at the same time most systems will allow you to over-ride the "delay" but turning the blower speed up manually....

Additionally many systems will activate immediately if you set the temperatrue to MAXIMUM. But then this latter procedure will REALLY be discomforting as you will get the HIGHEST blower speed and COLD airflow ASAP.

One does wonder why, along with the adoption of the electric compressor, another $10 wasn't spent to put in a refrigerant flow reversing valve and have a HEAT PUMP.

I know I am just a girl, but the extra ten buck would not change the laws of physics would it? The ac draws heat from the cabin and vents it outside via the expansion of a liquid into a gas (refrigerant). So you are saying that if we reverse it and pull heat out of the ambient air and put it into the cabin we would get warmer? Aren't they both the same temperature when you start you car in the morning? Tell me how this would work. I'm interested.

BTW my 99 corvette 'vert has a HUD and it is great for keeping an eye on your speed while being followed by cops. I can't imagine why they follow me. LOL! My lex is to keep the miles down on the 'vette. They get pretty worthless when the reach 50,000 miles. Trying to keep her mint!

My Corvette had way more than 50,000 miles when I bought it and it seems to be going up in value.

62inbosie2.jpg

By the way I had a 98 and a 96 Vette but I had to get rid of one to make room for the 62 I bought so I got rid of the 98, I happen to like the C4 body more than the C5 body style

DSCN0070.jpg

sigpic10.jpg