Windshield Wipers Broke

aprilpgb22

I have a 99 RX 300 and my windshield wipers just stop working one day, when it was raining.. how convenient. Well, a guy helped me out and said that there is a motor for the Windshield wipers right under them in a box; he connected some wires back together and it worked for about a week and whatever he did must have come undone. It is broke again, there is some type of cord disconnected where i can see but it won't connect again. Does anyone know what this could be and the cost?

Also, i was wondering what do i need to do to get my car winterized? (tune-up etc.)

I really don't believe that modern cars need to be winterized. I think that, anymore, this is a chance for a dealer or repair shop to make some money. What do I do? I make sure that my windshield washer reservoir is filled with window cleaning agents that are good to below freezing and not water; I make sure my wiper blades are fresh; I make sure that I have had an oil change in the last few thousand miles; I check tire pressures; I swap out my carpet floor mats for all weather floor mats; I add a windshield scraper; and I make sure that my air and cabin air filters are ok.

Can't help on the wipers but if your friend "connected some wires" I have to ask how did they become unconnected in the first place and why don't you take a look and see if anything is obviously out of place there?

Gary

Thanks Gary, this person was most certainly not my friend. Some guy off the street that said he could help. He had the tools to take apart the box that the windshield wiper motor sits in. I can't pry it a little but it is dark so i can't see in there. I am just going to take it to Lexus and let them fix it.