Electrical Problems

Okay, My transmission now shifts. I found that the connector from my ECU had 50 ohms of resistance from the pin on one side, to one inch down the wire coming from the connector, so the pins were bad! I still need to test all the other wires, but today I tried to figure out how to get these pins out. I really screwed up the connector. It still works fine though, but I want a new connector. The question is..... where on the internet can I find one? I will check out a price at my dealership tommorow, but it very may well have to come as a pigtail or harness assembly, and that means major money, even at employee pricing!

The wires coming out of the connector are difficult to remove perfectly. The pins are basically coupled into the connector. You can try pushing the pins out with a sharp object. If the entire wire set is long enough, you can cut the wires and connect them to a new connector. There is a tool, pins and connector you can buy at an electronic store.

Stores: Radio Shack or Jameco Electronics. I know Jameco would carry the tool, pins and connector. It's not that hard to replace the connector with the right tools. . 30 minutes tops.

Yeah, I have actually mastered the pin removal on that connector, but not before I chunked alot of the plastic! I am actually on Jameco right now, but they have too much stuff! Hard to find what I need.

geez. you sleep at all. if you can't figure out the right connector, take it to an electronic store. we have Radio Shack in the west coast here. I guess there is something similar in the mid-west. i replaced the connector once on my mustang years ago. i took the connector to radio shack and the guy was able to locate a replacement for me that fits perfectly in less than a minute.