Navigation System

I have a 2001 GS 430 with the mark levinson stereo system. I want to know if its possible to upgrade to the navigation system. I found a damaged (totaled) 2005 GS 430 and the owner will sell me the navigation system out of it. Is it simple, like plug in paly or will re-wiring be involved.

Thanks in advance!

I have a 2001 GS 430 with the mark levinson stereo system. I want to know if its possible to upgrade to the navigation system. I found a damaged (totaled) 2005 GS 430 and the owner will sell me the navigation system out of it. Is it simple, like plug in paly or will re-wiring be involved.

Thanks in advance!

lots of rewiring. 2001 is 2nd generation computer and 2005 is 4th generatiion. the main added feature would be the bluetoooth and the xm or serius radio capablity. the rear view camera on the 4th generation comes through the self parking ecu as well as the gps computer wiring so would be near impossible to rewire. the radio has similar wiring but the 4th generation screen has all different plugs 28 and 26 pin compared to 2nd generation screen which has 8 pin 16 pin 12 pin connectors and all different avc lan communication system and gateway computer. no it would not be an easy retrofit but possible. only one successful non nav to nav retrofit. may be easier to do 2001 ls430 nav to 2005 ls430 nav since most of the correct wires the and adapter connectors could be custom made to plug 2001 screenn connctors to 2005 screen connectors.

in comparison the 2005 gs430 nav retrofit to any older non nav 1998 to 2004 gs 400/300/430 (10 successful to date)retrofits is a breeze compared to the ls430 retrofit. gs430 factory rear view camera works through blue 6 pin video connector on the back of the gs430 nav screen.