Moon Roof Road Noise

theoldpaths

I have a 90' LS400 and love it!

My question is; How much road noise coming from the moon roof is normal? There seems to be excess road noise coming from the moon roof when the sun shade is open. When I close the sun shade it all but goes away. It looks like all the rubber seals are ok. Am I just being too picky?

Hello:

I have a 98 and when I open the roof there is about 15% to 30% more noise depending on the speed. What you are experiencing is normal in mine opinion. The shade is there to isolate the noise, since its glass has enough tint so the sun does not bother the passengers.

CPR

My question is; How much road noise coming from the moon roof is normal? There seems to be excess road noise coming from the moon roof when the sun shade is open. When I close the sun shade it all but goes away. It looks like all the rubber seals are ok. Am I just being too picky?

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought, I am being picky then, everything else is so quiet and solid. I just thought that the side windows don't sound as loud closed as the moon roof does closed so there must be a problem with it. The shade cuts down the noise nicely.

Hello:

I have a 98 and when I open the roof there is about 15% to 30% more noise depending on the speed. What you are experiencing is normal in mine opinion. The shade is there to isolate the noise, since its glass has enough tint so the sun does not bother the passengers.

CPR