Diy Repalcement Of Transmission Mount

There are a couple of really good posts here on this project; I did it today and thought I'd add a wisdom or two. First, use the Lexus tire changing jack to support the transmission, but to properly distrbute the load, nail a short 2"x4" to a 8" or !0" square/almost square piece of wood and put it between the jack and the trans pan. Second, use a 1/2" drive and six point sockets on the 14mm "outside bolts" that hold the bracket to the frame. When the old mount drops out and you compare it to the new one, you will notice that the rubber is hard and has compressed over an inch in 100K miles, so you'll need to raise the jack about half an inch to get the outside bracket bolts bolts started. Carefully snug the outside bracket bolts up tight and relax the jack and your wood block set. I'm planning to check the bolts again in a few thousand miles. BTW, the repair made a noticeable improvement and drivability. This is a very worth while and an easy DIY repair and you can do it with your SC car on ramps in about an hour, even if you take your time, which I did. The part (12371-50030) is available on ebay for $50 or so.