Rear Entertainment System Not Working

j4ow

My DVD will not turn on now. it is not the remote, I think, as this was checked and it is emmiting a signal but the DVD player will not turn on and since you need the remote to work it, I am without DVD for my kids. What can I do? Does anyone have any ideas? It worked and all fo a sudden doesn't even turn on.

I can wacth the DVD in the front NAV screen while parked and the hand break applied.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My DVD will not turn on now. it is not the remote, I think, as this was checked and it is emmiting a signal but the DVD player will not turn on and since you need the remote to work it, I am without DVD for my kids. What can I do? Does anyone have any ideas? It worked and all fo a sudden doesn't even turn on.

I can wacth the DVD in the front NAV screen while parked and the hand break applied.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Possible same issue?

http://www.faqlexus.com/index.php?action=a...&artlang=en

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Reboot! I checked out the link. My battery also seemed to have needed replacing but not because the other one was dead, it was brand new. I was told by a friend who fixed it for me that he put in a "better" battery, mine was only emitting 2.9 volts and this "better" one 3.3 volts (they were both 3V batteries). Apparently the remote prefers a top of the line battery in it.... :huh: who knew!? ;) Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you, Reboot! I checked out the link. My battery also seemed to have needed replacing but not because the other one was dead, it was brand new. I was told by a friend who fixed it for me that he put in a "better" battery, mine was only emitting 2.9 volts and this "better" one 3.3 volts (they were both 3V batteries). Apparently the remote prefers a top of the line battery in it.... :huh: who knew!? ;) Thanks again!

can u please tell me what brand the battery was? I am having the same issue wherein my remote doesnt work even after putting in a new remote.

Thanks in advance,

whiz

• 3 months later...

I also have a problem with the battery in my remote. which battery and brand did you find?