Xm Sharkfin Using Sirius

My Sirius keeps dropping out.

Finally it has quit. In talking to service the sharkfin makes the whole roof the antenna. Can the sirius hockey puck on my inside windshield be tied into the sharkfin antenna. The dealer accessories guy is looking into this, any help ??????

My Sirius keeps dropping out.

Finally it has quit. In talking to service the sharkfin makes the whole roof the antenna. Can the sirius hockey puck on my inside windshield be tied into the sharkfin antenna. The dealer accessories guy is looking into this, any help ??????

When I purchased my IS, I wanted "Satellite" radio and I was told I could EITHER XM or Sirius (even though they only seem to offer XM at the dealership).

I actually prefer Sirius, but opted for XM when the sales person told me that their quality control had been very poor with Sirius.

The point being, is that I was told it could be done, but it had to be connected to the stock stereo and they add a Sirius module behind the stereo which connects to the roof top sharkfin.

I hope this helps.

Don't there is a connection from the Srius tuner to the sharkfin, as it wasn't designed for it. My suggestion would be to get an external antenna for the Sirius. The windshield mounted one that Lexus uses sucks.

What I mean is I want to get rid of the inside antenna a go with sharkfin XM to hook up the sirius. Youn mentioned their is an external hookup on the sirius that can be tied to the xm sharkfin. Can you explain this better

There is no hook up for the Sirius tuner to the sharkfin. The internal antenna thats mounted to your windshield is just a simple coax antenna thats plugged into the tuner. My suggestion was to remove the windshield antenna and get a regular external antenna, mount it somewhere on your vehicle, and plug into the tuner. We've done it for one or two of our customers because of the poor performance of the windshield antenna.