93 Es300 Drivers Side Power Window Switch

uninvisible

I was just given a 93 es300 by a friend who moved out of the country. I've got some work to do on it, but first things first: The drivers side power window switch will lower the window fine. No problem. But, it will only go up sometimes. I often have to sit in front of my apartment for 20 minutes repeatedly pulling the switch until it reacts. Which is rough after a day's work and I just want to get inside to a cold beverage and dinner.

Any advice? Is it the switch, the motor? All the other windows work fine.

If I need to replace the switch or motor, how do I remove the panel?

Thanks in advance. Glad I found this site.

• 4 months later...
I was just given a 93 es300 by a friend who moved out of the country. I've got some work to do on it, but first things first: The drivers side power window switch will lower the window fine. No problem. But, it will only go up sometimes. I often have to sit in front of my apartment for 20 minutes repeatedly pulling the switch until it reacts. Which is rough after a day's work and I just want to get inside to a cold beverage and dinner.

Any advice? Is it the switch, the motor? All the other windows work fine.

If I need to replace the switch or motor, how do I remove the panel?

Thanks in advance. Glad I found this site.

I have the same problem. No idea what's going on...but I'm taking it in to the shop next week to someone who only works on lexus...I will let yo uknow what he says.

Over the years I've had this happen to a couple of cars and in each case it turned out to be just a dirty switch. What I did was to (with the ignition turned off) spray electrical contact cleaner into the switch body and cycle the switch several times. After two or three applications, and giving sufficient time for the fluid to evaporate, I found the switch to work properly. On one occasion I had to actually remove the switch from the door in order to shoot the fluid into a seam on the bottom of the switch. I couldn't get any fluid into the switch otherwise. If this doesn't do the trick, I'd suggest disconnecting the switch, and using a short wire, connect the various pins in the wiring harness connector together (then turn on the ignition) to see if this bypass allows the motor to work. If it does and you can't clean the switch up, you may be forced to buy a new switch. I've even got lucky by taking a switch apart (watch for tiny springs and brass parts flying out) and cleaning up its contacts that way. Of course this all assumes that the motor is good. I believe it is in your case, since the window will go down and sometimes will go up. Good Luck!