Receiver/cd Player

jimcrow

Any info on replacing a radio in a 98 ES300. What to purchase receiver /cd player. Looking for advice on, what is needed and how to.

What are you replacing it with? Factory or after market? Radio and cd/changer are separate units. Radio or changer can quit working separately BUT changer will not work without the radio. Radio must be working to checkout the changer.. As far as changing them with factory, is very simple. Post to let us know why you are replacing them. Upon knowing, we can tell you how to go about it.

Any info on replacing a radio in a 98 ES300. What to purchase receiver /cd player. Looking for advice on, what is needed and how to.

What are you replacing it with? Factory or after market? Radio and cd/changer are separate units. Radio or changer can quit working separately BUT changer will not work without the radio. Radio must be working to checkout the changer.. As far as changing them with factory, is very simple. Post to let us know why you are replacing them. Upon knowing, we can tell you how to go about it.

Looking at the pioneer cg-c8303u from crutchfield, but, the modifications that are needed, they can't help with. The original factory radio lost it's display and it shuts down ocassionally.

Looking at the pioneer cg-c8303u from crutchfield, but, the modifications that are needed, they can't help with. The original factory radio lost it's display and it shuts down ocassionally.

Sorry, but I am not familiar with that model. Just the factory OEM. Can help you with relpaceing that.

Have you took out the stock radio yet? You have to buy a mounting kit and wiring harness. While waiting on it you can prep for the new install

Pull the top vent out be careful prying on it it might break 2 screw on top then pull out the molding above the cup holder if you cant get to the screws carefully pull the stained wood off from around the shifter and then pull the ash tray and cup holder unit out there are 4 screws holding it in then you can get to the radio mounting screws and then pull out the whole unit (climate control and the radio) and there are 6 or more screws holding the radio in.

Thats about how far Ive gotten. Im waiting on the mounting plates and wiring.

I dont know where you live but im not responsible for theft

Yea the fist day i had mine the neighbors backed in to it and wont take responsibility for it even though i can see the paint knocked off of there car too.