Intermitent Vsc Light Without A Cel

t.go

I have a 99 ES300 with 107k miles. It has developed an intermitent VSC light without a CEL.

Once the light comes on it will stay on until the car is shut off. When the car is restarted,

the light is off. The repair shop said no codes have been set.

My extended warranty expires in days so any assistance will be appreciated.

I have a 99 ES300 with 107k miles. It has developed an intermitent VSC light without a CEL.

Once the light comes on it will stay on until the car is shut off. When the car is restarted,

the light is off. The repair shop said no codes have been set.

My extended warranty expires in days so any assistance will be appreciated.

Insofar as I am aware there are only two things, sensors, devices, that are unique to VSC, the yaw/acceleration sensor and the stearing wheel position sensor.

Do you remember, have you paid close attention, to what actions (quick jerking motion on the stearing wheel, HARD/fast turn, etc.) you might have taken just prior to the VSC coming on?

Insofar as I am aware there are only two things, sensors, devices, that are unique to VSC, the yaw/acceleration sensor and the stearing wheel position sensor.

Do you remember, have you paid close attention, to what actions (quick jerking motion on the stearing wheel, HARD/fast turn, etc.) you might have taken just prior to the VSC coming on?

My wife drives this car most of the time. She says it may come on more

frequently while driving on a windy road. The shop is going to replace the clock spring

to repair an airbag light. Could this be related?

I was under the impression VSC was simply traction control or is it similar to Mercedes' ESP?

My wife drives this car most of the time. She says it may come on more

frequently while driving on a windy road. The shop is going to replace the clock spring

to repair an airbag light. Could this be related?

I was under the impression VSC was simply traction control or is it similar to Mercedes' ESP?

"replace the clock spring to repair an airbag light."

"Could this be related?"

More correct term would be "rotational (limited) electrical wiring harness using the clock spring technique".

So yes, just as the airbag signals are apparently in the "clock spring wiring harness" then also may be the stearing wheel position sensor signals.

More likely than otherwise, actually.