Cold Air Intake

Jify

Has anyone done this and recorded the difference? I'm thinking of throwing a cold air intake into my 91 LS400, but I'm not sure I want to put up with the "high levels of noise". I'm in the process of trying to figure out exactly how loud it really is. Anyone have a video or sound recording?

Thanks!

Has anyone done this and recorded the difference? I'm thinking of throwing a cold air intake into my 91 LS400, but I'm not sure I want to put up with the "high levels of noise". I'm in the process of trying to figure out exactly how loud it really is. Anyone have a video or sound recording?

Thanks!

It won't make enough of a difference to warrant the time, trouble, or expense. Unless you plan to run your Lexus at the local dragstrip and a .15 second difference at the end of the quarter-mile is your goal. :)

Whoops, hit the reply button prematurely in the last post.....sorry

Jify, see this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...;hl=cold+intake

I agree with Jerry and wouldn't mess with the OEM but I am older now and don't do as much 'experimenting' as

I once did.