Water Vapors Under Glove Box

alich42

I have 2002 lx 470. I have recently noticed water vapors under the passenger side glove box under a big black box. Any thoughts? Lexus service said they have to take out the whole dash board and is likley clogged. is it worth it?

• 1 year later...

I have 2002 lx 470. I have recently noticed water vapors under the passenger side glove box under a big black box. Any thoughts? Lexus service said they have to take out the whole dash board and is likley clogged. is it worth it?

I had water dripping out of my 2000 LX470 as well. I spoke with the service guy and they wanted ~$250 to fix it.

I asked about it more and they told me I could do it.

I got some of the genic seal material ( 10 inch long strips of foam about 1/4 x 1/4 ) from the

parts guy. He didn't even charge me.

You need to pull out the glove box (2 screws) and the cover under it (3 screws).

Then you can see the cover (8 screws).

Once you get the 8 screws out, you have to pull the cover off and slide it out.

No dash parts needed to be removed but I did have to pull hard on the lower section.

There is a steel brace that overlaps the cover on the lower left side by about 1/2 inch.

You need to pull the cover out from behind it.

Once you get the cover off, there is a small track that hold the new seal. It goes across

the bottom and up each side for a couple inches. Pull the old material out and push in the

stuff and re-assemble.

It's about a 15 minute job. Took me days to get the material and an hour to figure this out.

Good luck.

:)