Emergency Brake

If it's the same as a 2000 gs there is a gear near the bottom of the hub assembly. You have to remove the rubber plug on the rotor and rotate it down so that you can see the gear through the hole in the rotor. Take a screwdriver and stick it in the hole and rotate the gear (there is one on each side). One way will tighten the brake the other way will loosen it. Hope this helps. I had to do this yesterday to remove the rotors for a brake job. Hope this helps.

Noob here.

Can someone tell me how to adjust the emergency brake cable on a 2002 GS 300?

Thanks

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if 2000 is same as 2002 and which direction to rotate gear to tighten?

This adjustment is very similar to adjusting the park brake on a drum brake system (except you do it from the front side). On a drum brake system, you can only rotate to tighten because of a ratcheting adjustment. You can actually loosen the park brake on the Lex because I had to do that. I tightened the park brake too much and it made the car vibrate. I had to back off the adjustment and was pleased to find that I could do it without taking the entire wheel off. I only adjusted it about 1 full turn so be careful, it doesn't take much to over do it! I don't think the park brake on these cars are as strong as what you expect.