1999 Es300 A/c Problem - Help Appreciated!

yuren5

Hi, everyone

I am new here. I have a 1999 ES300 and the A/C only blows warm air when outside tempreture is high. I am thinking to recharge R134a to see if this is the problem but do not know where the so-called LOW-PRESSURE SERVICE PORT is located. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

yuren5

Hi, everyone

I am new here. I have a 1999 ES300 and the A/C only blows warm air when outside tempreture is high. I am thinking to recharge R134a to see if this is the problem but do not know where the so-called LOW-PRESSURE SERVICE PORT is located. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

yuren5

The A/C system shuts the compressor down if the engine coolant threatens to go over temperature. "Threatens", mind you, not actually over temperature. In many cases removing the heat load from the condensor results inteh coolant moving back down fromm the "RED" zone and the A/C restarts.

If the compressor isn't cycling, cycled, on when the system begins blowing warm air then check the radiator cooling fans.

Thanks a lot, wwest. I really appreciate your response. I ckecked the collant level and found it very low. Maybe this caused the problem. I am going to add some collant to see if it helps.

Again, thank you!

Hi, everyone

Thanks in advance!

yuren5

The A/C system shuts the compressor down if the engine coolant threatens to go over temperature. "Threatens", mind you, not actually over temperature. In many cases removing the heat load from the condensor results inteh coolant moving back down fromm the "RED" zone and the A/C restarts.

If the compressor isn't cycling, cycled, on when the system begins blowing warm air then check the radiator cooling fans.