Advice On Pricing Is250 In Socal

Hi everyone,

I've been communicating with a few dealers over email and wanted to get some thoughts on what I've been hearing back from dealers so far. Any help would be really appreciated (first time car buyer!)

PKG:

IS 250 w/ NAV, premium pkg, rear spoiler and satellite radio. Color is starfire pearl or obsidian.

The best quote so far has been from South Bay Lexus at $32,600 not incl. taxes and all the other stuff. Was told MSRP is $37,900 and for this configuration on Edmunds the invoice is $32,459.

What do you guys think? I'm not in any rush and I've heard that waiting until the end of the month might get you a better deal?

THANK YOU!

Hi everyone,

I've been communicating with a few dealers over email and wanted to get some thoughts on what I've been hearing back from dealers so far. Any help would be really appreciated (first time car buyer!)

PKG:

IS 250 w/ NAV, premium pkg, rear spoiler and satellite radio. Color is starfire pearl or obsidian.

The best quote so far has been from South Bay Lexus at $32,600 not incl. taxes and all the other stuff. Was told MSRP is $37,900 and for this configuration on Edmunds the invoice is $32,459.

What do you guys think? I'm not in any rush and I've heard that waiting until the end of the month might get you a better deal?

THANK YOU!

I priced your car at kbb.com to MSRP of $38,663. This includes Premium Plus, NAV, spoiler, Headlamps HID, 18" alloy wheels, Preferred Accessory Pkg, and XM. I'm in SoCal and trying to score a deal on a IS250 with Premium/NAV/XM. It seems the disounts of just a few weeks back are gone where people were getting $1500 under invoice. I would have thought it be even better now since it's getting end of the month and the 08's are arrving soon. Just have to wait and see.

I just bought a premium pkg non-nav IS250 from Longo Lexus for $30105 + TTL.

I bought the consumer reports pricing guide ($15) to find out about dealer incentives and hold backs ($629 for RWD). The invoice price with options is $30843. Minus the hold back of $629 and I find that my bottom line price point should be $30241, but I've read of others getting deals as low as $29900.

Then I used a carsdirect.com quote of $30641 as a starting point for negotiations. Through my research I knew the best prices could be found at Longo Lexus, so I hit a few other dealers first to get quotes. I had trouble getting anyone to beat carsdirect.

After getting a few quotes I went to Longo to see what they could offer. They immediately knocked off over $500 from the carsdirect price. This is below the price that I had from consumer reports after the hold back, so they must be getting big kick backs for volume sales from the manufacturer.

Next, back to a few other dealers with new and improved offer and no one could even match or come close. One dealer told me that the price was below their cost and I should take it. So I did, because it's almost $750 below invoice!!

The carsdirect.com price for the IS250 with premium package, 18" wheels, HID lights, preferred acc pkg and Nav is $32,409. Spoiler is another $246 and XM is $389 for a total of $33044. Invoice is $33011 and the consumer reports bottom line price after hold back in that setup is $32382.

So in summary, $32600 is good and below invoice, but I'd take your quote to Longo Lexus and I'd suspect they can do better. Also, they are currently running an XM radio special for $299 (I didn't want it though)

Also, does the dealer have the exact configuration you want in stock? Most IS250s all have premium package, 18"wheels, preffered accessory pkg and HID lights with options of nav or non-nav. The spoiler will most likely be something they have to put on and want labor for, as well as the XM radio.

Only deal with internet or fleet managers, by the way. You usually get better deals from them, because their customers have done their research and they don't work on commission.

Hope this helps. Sorry it's long.

I got the car I wanted from Newport Lexus on Sunday. The options I got are Premium/NAV/XM. MSRP of $38,377, Invoice $33,854. I got it for $32500 + TTL. Carsdirect price is $33,877 for those options with auto transmission. So I got it for $1300 under invoice since I had a $500 dollar coupon from dealer as well.

I just bought a premium pkg non-nav IS250 from Longo Lexus for $30105 + TTL.

I bought the consumer reports pricing guide ($15) to find out about dealer incentives and hold backs ($629 for RWD). The invoice price with options is $30843. Minus the hold back of $629 and I find that my bottom line price point should be $30241, but I've read of others getting deals as low as $29900.

Then I used a carsdirect.com quote of $30641 as a starting point for negotiations. Through my research I knew the best prices could be found at Longo Lexus, so I hit a few other dealers first to get quotes. I had trouble getting anyone to beat carsdirect.

After getting a few quotes I went to Longo to see what they could offer. They immediately knocked off over $500 from the carsdirect price. This is below the price that I had from consumer reports after the hold back, so they must be getting big kick backs for volume sales from the manufacturer.

Next, back to a few other dealers with new and improved offer and no one could even match or come close. One dealer told me that the price was below their cost and I should take it. So I did, because it's almost $750 below invoice!!

The carsdirect.com price for the IS250 with premium package, 18" wheels, HID lights, preferred acc pkg and Nav is $32,409. Spoiler is another $246 and XM is $389 for a total of $33044. Invoice is $33011 and the consumer reports bottom line price after hold back in that setup is $32382.

So in summary, $32600 is good and below invoice, but I'd take your quote to Longo Lexus and I'd suspect they can do better. Also, they are currently running an XM radio special for $299 (I didn't want it though)

Also, does the dealer have the exact configuration you want in stock? Most IS250s all have premium package, 18"wheels, preffered accessory pkg and HID lights with options of nav or non-nav. The spoiler will most likely be something they have to put on and want labor for, as well as the XM radio.

Only deal with internet or fleet managers, by the way. You usually get better deals from them, because their customers have done their research and they don't work on commission.

Hope this helps. Sorry it's long.

Wow! Thank you so much - this is extremely helpful! I am talking to a few other dealers as well and will definitely go back to Longo at the end. Hope to buy this weekend!

Let us know how it goes. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the new car.

I am also looking for the same options you have on IS250. Would you please give me the contact person's name and email address of Longo Lexus?

I live in Texas and I think I will be better off to buy the car from SoCA and pay the transportation than buying in here.

leehstx, please enable your private message preference, so I can send you the info or PM me your email address. I don't want to post it here, since I don't know the rules about posting names, etc on this forum.

Please find my email address from my profile. Thanks!!!

I am also looking for the same options you have on IS250. Would you please give me the contact person's name and email address of Longo Lexus?

I live in Texas and I think I will be better off to buy the car from SoCA and pay the transportation than buying in here.

I live in TX and also looking for a IS250. My email is hoangtran1@gmail.com. Thanks

• 8 months later...

I live in TX and also looking for a IS250. My email is hoangtran1@gmail.com. Thanks

Sorry htvette, I just saw your post. Let me know if you still need the info.