Auto Dim Interior Mirror W/homelink

I don't know why but I decided to look at Homelink stuff on ebay. I noticed some universal and Toyota mirrors w/auto dim feature. They cost around $100 and usually came off a 3-4 year old car. I had to remove the original mirror and its adhesive attached base to make room for the wedge base that these mirrors require. I did this by making an aluminum foil shield with a 1" hole and applying 15 seconds of heat gun on high; then turn the old base w/ a vise-grip like you are wrenching a bolt, and the base comes off. They included a Permatex rear view mirror adhesive kit w/ good instructions. I ran a wire down the drives a-pillar to the fuse panel andI was pretty well done. The mirror is the same width but about 1/2" bigger from top to bottom. The dimming function is nice but the Homelink buttons work my garage doors really well. I took a picture and the install looks factory.

post-25648-1187456315_thumb.jpg

I don't know why but I decided to look at Homelink stuff on ebay. I noticed some universal and Toyota mirrors w/auto dim feature. They cost around $100 and usually came off a 3-4 year old car. I had to remove the original mirror and its adhesive attached base to make room for the wedge base that these mirrors require. I did this by making an aluminum foil shield with a 1" hole and applying 15 seconds of heat gun on high; then turn the old base w/ a vise-grip like you are wrenching a bolt, and the base comes off. They included a Permatex rear view mirror adhesive kit w/ good instructions. I ran a wire down the drives a-pillar to the fuse panel andI was pretty well done. The mirror is the same width but about 1/2" bigger from top to bottom. The dimming function is nice but the Homelink buttons work my garage doors really well. I took a picture and the install looks factory.

I am looking for the same thing; either the sun visor or rear view mirror. Was there just a two wire connection? Did your old mirror have wires; mine does. Did you use the harness that came with the mirror?

bruce

I am looking for the same thing; either the sun visor or rear view mirror. Was there just a two wire connection? Did your old mirror have wires; mine does. Did you use the harness that came with the mirror?

bruce

Hi Bruce,

I wanted to use the original mirror's wire, but you need a switched 12V and I couldn't find one there.

bruce

Hi Bruce,

I wanted to use the original mirror's wire, but you need a switched 12V and I couldn't find one there.

I like the Mirror idea. But, I imbeded one in my visor.

Look at this link: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...amp;hl=homelink

• 2 weeks later...