2002 Navigation Dvd Vs. 2006 Version

slicktalker

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I mentioned this in a post a couple of months ago. I upgraded my DVD from '02 to an '06 one. What a HUGE difference. Not only are the roads and POI's updated, the software will auto update as well. Example, with the '02 version, when you turned your lights on, the navi automatically went into nighttime mode. Now with the newer DVD, when you put your lights in the auto mode, the navi will only change depending on the light in the cabin of your car. At least that is what I have seen for the changes. I am glad I spend the money for the upgrade. Not so sure of what other changes there are, but I am sure those aren't the only ones.

One more note, they should come out with a new DVD around November, so you may want to wait until then.

Jim :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
I mentioned this in a post a couple of months ago. I upgraded my DVD from '02 to an '06 one. What a HUGE difference. Not only are the roads and POI's updated, the software will auto update as well. Example, with the '02 version, when you turned your lights on, the navi automatically went into nighttime mode. Now with the newer DVD, when you put your lights in the auto mode, the navi will only change depending on the light in the cabin of your car. At least that is what I have seen for the changes. I am glad I spend the money for the upgrade. Not so sure of what other changes there are, but I am sure those aren't the only ones.

One more note, they should come out with a new DVD around November, so you may want to wait until then.

Jim :cheers:

did you get this done at the dealer or did you purchase the software yourself and do the upgrade yourself???