How Do You Access Navigation Screen Diagnostics

Hi. Here's my problem. I have an RX350 bought in June 2006. My Nav system has a 5.1 disk. I was having problems with my voice recognition and went to dealer. I sat in the car with the "Nav system expert" and he pushed a few buttons and brought up a different screen that he ran diagnostics. I didn't watch what he did so I can't repeat it. After they took my car for the whole day, I was told they "updated" my system with the latest version of the NAV system, yet the screen still says 5.1 data disk.

I tried following the Nav override instructions to get to the diagnostic screen, but my screen doesn't change. Does anyone know how to get to the Nav diagnostics screen?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Here's my problem. I have an RX350 bought in June 2006. My Nav system has a 5.1 disk. I was having problems with my voice recognition and went to dealer. I sat in the car with the "Nav system expert" and he pushed a few buttons and brought up a different screen that he ran diagnostics. I didn't watch what he did so I can't repeat it. After they took my car for the whole day, I was told they "updated" my system with the latest version of the NAV system, yet the screen still says 5.1 data disk.

I tried following the Nav override instructions to get to the diagnostic screen, but my screen doesn't change. Does anyone know how to get to the Nav diagnostics screen?

This is for 07 RX350 with 6.1 see if it works for you:

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.... I am not responsible if something goes wrong. It is better to take it to the dealer

(a) Method 1

(1) Start the engine.

(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO" switch, operate the light control switch: OFF ? Turn ON ? Turn OFF ? Turn ON ? Turn OFF ? Turn ON ? Turn OFF.

(3) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.

(B) Method 2

(1) Start the engine.

(2) Switch to the "Display Check" screen.

(3) From the display quality adjustment screen, touch the corners of the screen in the following order: upper left ? lower left ? upper left ? lower left ? upper left ? lower left.

(4) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.

This is for 07 RX350 with 6.1 see if it works for you:

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.... I am not responsible if something goes wrong. It is better to take it to the dealer

(a) Method 1

(1) Start the engine.

(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO" switch, operate the light control switch: OFF ? Turn ON ? Turn OFF ? Turn ON ? Turn OFF ? Turn ON ? Turn OFF.

(3) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.

(B) Method 2

(1) Start the engine.

(2) Switch to the "Display Check" screen.

(3) From the display quality adjustment screen, touch the corners of the screen in the following order: upper left ? lower left ? upper left ? lower left ? upper left ? lower left.

(4) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.

Thank you it worked. I guess even it says 5.1 they must've upgraded to 6.1.