Noob Looking Into An Sc300

so im coming from the world of hondas and i currently have a '94 integra GS-R. im not too familiar with SCs or toyotas in general. i have some knowledge on Nissans (SR20s and KA-Ts) but mostly i have a vast amount of knowledge on hondas (b16s, b18s, turbo hondas, etc.)

im currently on honda-tech.com which i understand has a lot bigger of a community. ive been searching through these forums a few hours yesterday and today but i still have a few unanswered questions.

im looking to get an SC300 5spd which at the time there are 2 being sold locally. is there black interior? both of the ones local are tan and im not too big a fan of it. it seems that even if i switch over to the SC my gsr will probably still be a bit quicker. im looking for 350-400whp daily driven out of the SC and for now im set on going NA-T. im pretty informed on how to turbocharge hondas and im thinking the concept is relatively the same here. since the SC share the same block as an n/a supra i was wondering if i could use a stock turbo supra manifold? or is there another suggestion on something thats not too pricey since 350-400whp should be easily achievable on this motor.

im not too sure what turbos these motors will respond too best either. generally from hondas we use T3/T04e turbos for budget setups or we could step up to SC34s, SC61, etc. or with enough money we can go for GT28s and GT30s. with a bigger motor here im sure the spool time should be much faster (5krpm in a gsr for full boost in an SC61) which is another reason im looking into an SC300. mainly i wanted a rwd car that has some aftermarket support, fun, nice, reliable, with a theft rate that isnt quite so high.

i know turbocharging a honda RELIABLY costs around $3k max for a decent setup and thatll put around 300whp with stock internals. ive seemed to notice also that the SC300 is not nearly as light as any honda so im thinking that even with 400whp that 300whp hondas would give me a run. so around how much would it cost to put in the 400whp range? im probably never going to aim for 550whp+ so just something fun thatll put me to 400whp would be great.

if i decide not to boost than i might just do intake, header, exhaust, clutch, and flywheel which i hopefully want to break mid 14s with that at least. i know a good header is extremely important so what header for the SC300 is decent? and also does a dual or single exhaust give more performance? ive always thought the single would but i see some people run duals. and around how much whp would bolt-ons give me?

im debating on the SC300 or a 240SX for my next car. help me pick!!! sorry for the long post but i just couldnt find direct answers to my questions.

so im coming from the world of hondas and i currently have a '94 integra GS-R. im not too familiar with SCs or toyotas in general. i have some knowledge on Nissans (SR20s and KA-Ts) but mostly i have a vast amount of knowledge on hondas (b16s, b18s, turbo hondas, etc.)

im currently on honda-tech.com which i understand has a lot bigger of a community. ive been searching through these forums a few hours yesterday and today but i still have a few unanswered questions.

im looking to get an SC300 5spd which at the time there are 2 being sold locally. is there black interior? both of the ones local are tan and im not too big a fan of it. it seems that even if i switch over to the SC my gsr will probably still be a bit quicker. im looking for 350-400whp daily driven out of the SC and for now im set on going NA-T. im pretty informed on how to turbocharge hondas and im thinking the concept is relatively the same here. since the SC share the same block as an n/a supra i was wondering if i could use a stock turbo supra manifold? or is there another suggestion on something thats not too pricey since 350-400whp should be easily achievable on this motor.

im not too sure what turbos these motors will respond too best either. generally from hondas we use T3/T04e turbos for budget setups or we could step up to SC34s, SC61, etc. or with enough money we can go for GT28s and GT30s. with a bigger motor here im sure the spool time should be much faster (5krpm in a gsr for full boost in an SC61) which is another reason im looking into an SC300. mainly i wanted a rwd car that has some aftermarket support, fun, nice, reliable, with a theft rate that isnt quite so high.

i know turbocharging a honda RELIABLY costs around $3k max for a decent setup and thatll put around 300whp with stock internals. ive seemed to notice also that the SC300 is not nearly as light as any honda so im thinking that even with 400whp that 300whp hondas would give me a run. so around how much would it cost to put in the 400whp range? im probably never going to aim for 550whp+ so just something fun thatll put me to 400whp would be great.

if i decide not to boost than i might just do intake, header, exhaust, clutch, and flywheel which i hopefully want to break mid 14s with that at least. i know a good header is extremely important so what header for the SC300 is decent? and also does a dual or single exhaust give more performance? ive always thought the single would but i see some people run duals. and around how much whp would bolt-ons give me?

im debating on the SC300 or a 240SX for my next car. help me pick!!! sorry for the long post but i just couldnt find direct answers to my questions.

the sc300s are fabulous cars. they do come with the black interior, but those are VERY rare to find. if u are able to find one under a reasonable price, i would say jump on it. i, myself, have the tan interior 5speed as well. other options u can do, is obviously, find black parts and swap those in. another would be to reupholster everything, or there's even some good paint out there that would last well on the interior. i know some who've actually painted their interiors with the black paint and they still have it after a few years and it still looks/feels like new. no cracking or anything like that.

the motors on these are notoriously strong as u may have known..especially with the supra being very popular. achieving 350-400whp is very do-able. im also planning on doing the na-t setup..so as for turbo's, im still doing a bit of research on that myself. the nice thing also about these cars, is that much of the parts/accessories are compatible with the supra. for example, brake kits, coilovers/springs/shocks, suspension, wheels, engine parts, etc. so if u are unable to find a part for the sc, try looking for the supra and most likely, they will be compatible. a thing to note about coilovers/springs/shocks, is that the sc will have one of their own and they will have a set height, but if u decided to go with something available for the supras, u will then add an additional 0.5" drop. just by changing the springs/shocks to an oem supra, it will drop at least 0.5". something to keep in mind if u want to slam ur ride or not.

as of now, i have the bfi intake with k&n filter, header, exhaust, clutch and flywheel combo. i havent taken mine to the strip yet to see my times, so i dont really know how my times stand as they are. but there is a performance difference for sure after i installed these. go look up bfi intake, and u will find out how to do a custom intake for the car which actually does better than the other aftermarket intake kits. as for the header, i have a xerd which i am very happy with. the power output is quite well on this. for my exhaust i have the magnaflows which are very loud and helps run my car very nice. as for the clutch/flywheel, i have rps maxx pp and street clutch, and fidanza flywheel. i am very please with this combo. my clutch grips very good. ive only had this combo since december and so far no problems. these cars come stock with dual exhaust. most people who have the single exhaust usually have done an engine swap with the 2jzgte or the 1jzgte. im not too sure about the output vs the single and dual.

i would definately go for the sc because these cars are built strong..yes heavy..but strong..u can always go with cf hood, trunk, doors, and fenders. there's quite a bit of luxury accessories u can remove if u wanted to make it even lighter.