Vsc / Vsc Off Lights

johns13

Lexus of Serramonte just performed the 55,000 mile service on my 2002 SC 430. They also replaced the V belt and the engine air filter and repaired one of the (dreadful) run-flat tires that had a puncture. The problem is that two seconds after I left, the VSC and VSC OFF lights both came on. I turned around immediately and went back to the dealer, who tried to blow me off with some kind of excuse about the tire pressures being wrong, but then admitted that the service techs had all gone home and they were needed to run the diagnostics.

Has anyone else had this problem? What does the solution entail? Is this something the mechanics could have broken while they were working on my car? It seems strange that the VSC was working fine when it went in and now it coincidentally doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus of Serramonte just performed the 55,000 mile service on my 2002 SC 430. They also replaced the V belt and the engine air filter and repaired one of the (dreadful) run-flat tires that had a puncture. The problem is that two seconds after I left, the VSC and VSC OFF lights both came on. I turned around immediately and went back to the dealer, who tried to blow me off with some kind of excuse about the tire pressures being wrong, but then admitted that the service techs had all gone home and they were needed to run the diagnostics.

Has anyone else had this problem? What does the solution entail? Is this something the mechanics could have broken while they were working on my car? It seems strange that the VSC was working fine when it went in and now it coincidentally doesn't.

Had the same problem with mine. When those two lights come on it usually means you need new brake discs. If that doesn't work, all you need

is to replace the sensor, if the sensor is faulty, it will give you the VSC and VSC OFF even though your traction control is fully functional.

My bet is that your brake pads or discs need to be replaced! Either or, hope this helped.

• 4 weeks later...

The air flow senser connector was most likely left off when they replaced your air filter. reconnect it, and start the car. If the lights are still on, shut down and disconnect the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes to reset the computer.

• 2 months later...

Vsc / Vsc Off Lights

Hey John,

I'm having a problem extremely similar to the one you have, I live in San Francisco and i have my car service routinely at Lexus of Serramonte. Recently my warranty for my Lexus SC430 gave out and a few miles past it my check engine light came on. I had the check engine light replaced (O2 sensor) for a gut wrenching $570, however right after leaving the dealership the VSC lights came on. I'm extremely *BLEEP*ed and i have no clue why it would turn on after driving only but a few miles from the dealership. I was interested in knowing if you ever found out what your problem was, or if in fact they were faulty sensors triggered by Lexus of Serramonte. I have not replaced my brake pads or tires in awhile, however i believe the brakes run on a different sensor. I'm not a mechanic but im also not in the market to get ripped off :censored: . Any input would help.Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

I would recommend to replace the battery is failing, if your battery is more than 3 years old it is gone, after you check all the other options and are told they are withing specs. My LS used to turn the VSC light by itself then it would reset itself this until I replaced the battery, problem solved! See it as warning that your battery may be going to RIP.

CPR

• 2 months later...

I also live near Lexus of Serramonte! Coastside area.

What are all our SC's haunted! :lol: ....

I had my rear tires replaced and on leaving the tire store getting on the freeway, my VSC liight came on and went off and I felt a slight grab in the rear area of the car.

Really bothered me so I got off freeway and checked lugs and looked for problems that would be obvious, Nothing was falling off!

I turned off the VSC and had no re accurence..I am driving with a little panic woithout the VSC engaged :(

any idea's out there? We all should get together for a photo op! Well after we fix this VSC haunting!!

Ok i found my problem....It was the film on the 2 new tires...I replaced the other 2 and the installer thinks that was the problem! Ok more test drives!