Replacing High Brake Light Bulb

I have a 2002 ES-300 and need to replace the high (or center) brake light bulb. I read another post about replacing that bulb on an older ES - advising to slide the housing forward. I tried that, but nothing released. What do I need to do to gain access to the bulb? Thanks for any/all assistance.

on the 2002 ES, you sit in the back seat facing out the back window and slide the brake light cover towards the passenger side of the car (facing out the back it would be to your left) then the front edge (edge closest to you) of the cover pivots up and the cover can be removed.

steviej

• 3 weeks later...
on the 2002 ES, you sit in the back seat facing out the back window and slide the brake light cover towards the passenger side of the car (facing out the back it would be to your left) then the front edge (edge closest to you) of the cover pivots up and the cover can be removed.

steviej

Just a note to say thanks for the assistance. With the instructions, the assembly came out easily. I'm not sure I followed the easiest path to change the bulb once the assembly was out, but I did get the job done.

Thanks again,