Engine Wheezing Sound During Acceleration In Summer

compumar

Hi,

My engine really sounds taxed and makes a wheezing sound upon acceleration especially during hot and humid conditions. Does anyone know of a modified air intake system that would remedy this, or is this just normal? I have searched K & N products, but have not found any kind of modification for the GX 470.

Thanks!

I am not an automobile technician but I have a sense of awareness when things changed:

I just traded in my 2005 GX470 for a new 2007 GX470. They both do not have the wheezing sound until after the service at the dealer. My 2005 GX470 was quiet until the engine mounts were replace at 64,000 miles. My 2007GX470 was even quieter until after they installed the integrated satellite radio behind the dashboard at 100 miles.

I do not know why the radio installation could cause the wheezing sound but I was able to reduce the wheezing sound by: 1) filling the tank with Shell’s V-Power gasoline 2) reducing the speed during acceleration.

Maybe the sound is related to how we drive and/or the grade of the gasoline.