Jerky Start

<_< <_< My 460 starts off very UNsmoothly when I'm stopped at a signal light or stopped with the engine running for any reason. I was able to start smoothly when I put the transmission in the snow mode. When I notified my dealer of this condition ,he asked me to bring the auto in and he would reprogram the transmission. It seems that many other 460 owners were upset about this , and he has fixed the "problem" many times.

Apparently , Lexus in its infinite wisdom has seen fit to put the transmission in neutral when the car is stopped for a period of time. I wonder how many droplets of gas this might save.

<_< <_< My 460 starts off very UNsmoothly when I'm stopped at a signal light or stopped with the engine running for any reason. I was able to start smoothly when I put the transmission in the snow mode. When I notified my dealer of this condition ,he asked me to bring the auto in and he would reprogram the transmission. It seems that many other 460 owners were upset about this , and he has fixed the "problem" many times.

Apparently , Lexus in its infinite wisdom has seen fit to put the transmission in neutral when the car is stopped for a period of time. I wonder how many droplets of gas this might save.

My guess is that it saved enough so that they could still qualify the mpg they targeted, or not push the car into a higher fuel use category in some states. I had the mod done and the transmission is smooth from a stop, and seems to be smoother through the gears, too. ^_^

My guess is that it saved enough so that they could still qualify the mpg they targeted, or not push the car into a higher fuel use category in some states. I had the mod done and the transmission is smooth from a stop, and seems to be smoother through the gears, too. ^_^

There is a service bulletin for this. The transmission software update is TC009-07 so just ask your service department for this transmission update.

• 2 weeks later...
Some people also might be experiencing this because of the hold button function on the car. just fyi, kinda off topic sorry guys...

There is also a TSIB for the hold button as well. I haven't had the problem with the hold button sticking...

Craig