Replacing All 4 O2 Sensor, Question ?

LexChamp

95 LS 174,000

I will be replacing all 4 O2 Sensors on my LS today. After replacing the sensors, does the computer has to be reset. Usually when I disconeect the battery, the engine light goes out for a bout a week but than returns. Should I take the car to somewhere to have the code reset after having the sensors replaced. Thanks

As you discovered, disconnecting the battery will do a reset, however, if the CEL is related to the O2 sensors, i believe the computer will reset itself once it detects the proper O2 mix (signal) from the new sensors.

The only reason for the MIL to illuminate after disconnecting the battery would be if the fault reoccurs. If the new sensors fix the issue, disconnecting the battery should clear the code permanently.

The only reason for the MIL to illuminate after disconnecting the battery would be if the fault reoccurs. If the new sensors fix the issue, disconnecting the battery should clear the code permanently.

After replacing all 4 Sensors, the battery was disconnected. Drove the car for a while; took it Advance Auto for a free Diagnostic; Everything was perfect. Cost $ 4 sensors $ 220 plus $45 labor. I'm glad its done.