Lexus Branded Rav4 ?

satwar

Hi everyone,

I recently became aware that Lexus is thinking about building a small near luxury SUV based on the RAV4. I like the RAV4 but would appreciate a more upscale interior & features. I'm not sure I will eventually get one, since Lexus always stuns me with their prices. The Acura RDX caught my eye, was in the price range I am willing to pay, but had too many compromises in design. I'm hoping that the RAV4 will evolve into something more interesting in the hands of Lexus engineers

Anyone know when they are scheduled to be out on the market, any details, or has the entire concept been dropped ?

Any information appreciated.

err hard to say. I heard something similar, but its very unlikely that it will come out in the next 5 years. Perhaps you should wait a year and see the new GLK from Mercedes (which could be a little more out of your budget) or just go ahead and get the RDX. thats one sharp looking machine.

perhaps looking for something like this? http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_x.html

err hard to say. I heard something similar, but its very unlikely that it will come out in the next 5 years. Perhaps you should wait a year and see the new GLK from Mercedes (which could be a little more out of your budget) or just go ahead and get the RDX. thats one sharp looking machine.

perhaps looking for something like this? http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_x.html

Yes I've picked up bits & pieces that it may be a dead horse, not enough money to made with it. But I certainly like the look of the LF-X, God forbid to think about the price though, especially with a V-8, way over what I would pay for a vehicle and probably more vehicle than I need.

I see Infinity is talking about a soon to be released EX that is said to be competing with the RDX. I find it hard to believe, though, that the sheet metal work shown in the concept vehicle would come anywhere near reality in the RDX price range. Time will tell, and thank you for your input.