Input Address While Driving Making Dvd

Hey there,

i have a freind who has Sienna 06 and he can overude his navi with volume .. left corner bottom unlock works for him,

My question if i copy his dvd will it work on my is250. Or how do i copy start file on my navi, .. basically can we use his dvd to make our nai unlockble?

Hey there,

i have a freind who has Sienna 06 and he can overude his navi with volume .. left corner bottom unlock works for him,

My question if i copy his dvd will it work on my is250. Or how do i copy start file on my navi, .. basically can we use his dvd to make our nai unlockble?

I don't know the answer to that specifically, but I think it might be worth a shot.

I do have some related info you could use though. The following was in my compilation of information. I know I got it from another forum, but I can't remember exactly where.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hybrid disc method for Nav hack

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

2006 ISx50 = V5.1 DVD Navigation disc = V1550 firmware = Override Exists

2007 ISx50 = V6.1 DVD Navigation disc = V1650 firmware = NO Known Override Exists

FACT #1:

Upon inserting the V6.1 DVD into an ISx50, the firmware will be AUTOMATICALLY updated to V1650. Hence, you will lose your override.

FACT #2:

It is possible to go back to the old firmware. Yes, you heard me right. You can go back to your old firmware. It is NOT a problem at all, despite what Lexus and others may tell you. All you need to do is remove the fuse for the nav unit and put the old V5.1 disc back in. It may take 1-2 attempts, but the nav unit will load the old firmware with no problems. Many of us have gone back and forth between numerous firmwares on the ISx50 without any problems whatsoever.

FACT #3:

The firmware file is located on the nav DVD and is called "loading.kwi". This is only loaded when the power is cut to the nav, or a newer firmware is detected.

SOLUTION TO OVERRIDE:

You will need to own BOTH discs (V5.1 and V6.1) and a PC with a DVD Dual-Layer burner that supports bitsetting (booktype) in order to do this.

1) Copy all the files from the V6.1 disc to your hard drive into a directory called "nav" (or whatever name you want)

2) Copy the loading.kwi file from the V5.1 disc to your hard drive into the same "nav" directory, overwriting the existing loading.kwi file

3) Burn all the files in the nav disc directory to a DVD+R DL disc - Booking type (bitsetting) DVD-ROM

You now have a DVD with all the map data and new features of the V6.1 disc, with the firmware + override of the V5.1 disc.

This has been confirmed to work on an ISx50.

The biggest variable here is your burner software settings, although many variables exists, including what type of media you use, what burning software you use and the type of burner you have.

FYI, our successful burns used:

1) Various media (Verbatim and Memorex)

2) Various burning software (dvd decrypter, isoburn, or Prassi Ones)

3) Various burners (plextor, benq, samsung, liteon)

4) Burner software settings must set - Book Type (aka Bitsetting) = DVD-ROM

Hope this helps those of you who wanted to upgrade to the new V6.1 DVD but don't want to lose the override.

"Pro-Override gang" signing off...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy :)

i will definitely try it this week. Question is, will Sienna 06 nav disk work?

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but like I said - it's worth a shot. It seems impossible that you can do any irreversible damage. Be sure to keep us posted on what you find :)

• 8 months later...