2002 Lexus Es300 Navigation System Touchscreen Quirks

I recently purchased a 2002 Lexus ES300 w/ navigation system. The touch screen itself works fine, but I've noticed that some of the buttons surrounding the screen are a little finicky.

Here's a photo of what my nav. system looks like (hope this works, if not copy and paste the link) http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/sedan...gation_View.jpg

0109_Lexus_Es300%202002_2005_Lexus_ES300%20Navigation_View.jpg

The 4 buttons below the screen are as follows: AUDIO,DISPLAY,TILT,OPEN

This is my problem:

The AUDIO button seems to have a mind of it's own. You start the vehicle, the navigation screen appears like it should. From here, sometimes you can push AUDIO and it immediately appears, letting you select cd changer options, etc. Other times it refuses to pop up. I've discovered that it helps to enter the INFO menu just to get something else on the screen, then press the DISPLAY button, then try the AUDIO button. It usually works after that.

The TILT button always works.

The OPEN button has never worked. I don't even know what it's supposed to do (nav. manual is on the way)

It seems like it may be a problem with the button not making contact every time you push it. i.e. Not sending a signal. Any thoughts?

Also:

The light grey NAVI key immediately brings up the navigation screen like it should, but for some reason, if you ever pull up the calendar feature, the NAVI button begins to pull up the calendar each time you push it instead of the navigation screen. Where you once could toggle from INFO to NAVI using the buttons to the left of the screen, they now toggle from INFO to Calendar. It continues to do this until you restart the car.

Everything is completely usable, just a little finicky.

Has anyone out there had any similar experiences?

The open button slides the screen down so you can access the one slot CD player and the tape deck.

That definately sounds like a connection problem with the buttons.

I can live with not being able to use the OPEN button for now, but I'm sure the audio button will reach a point where it completely stops working. When that day comes, I guess I'll be replacing the head unit. I'm afraid to ask, but anyone know what that'll cost me? I'm assuming the entire head unit will need to be replaced. It's a shame to have to do that because a button that probally costs a few cents is not making a connection.