High Pitched Noise When A/c Is Turned On

Hello! :unsure:

I am wondering if anyone has encountered a problem with their Lexus making a high pitched noise when the air conditioner is turned on? It almost sounds like it may be the fan belt or something. The noise stops or quiets down once the A/C button is turned off. The car still runs beautifully but it is the noise that has me worried. Please help!!

Erika

Not with my lex but with my Mercedes. You might want to check your cabin filter. It is located inside your glove box. Pull that back panel off and remove unwanted shizil. My car had old leaves and the began to get caught in the fan for the air. Once you have the filter out I would stick a vacume hose in there and see if you can score on some extras.

Good luck

Not with my lex but with my Mercedes. You might want to check your cabin filter. It is located inside your glove box. Pull that back panel off and remove unwanted shizil. My car had old leaves and the began to get caught in the fan for the air. Once you have the filter out I would stick a vacume hose in there and see if you can score on some extras.

Good luck

Thanks so much for that advice! I will definitely give it a try!

Erika

Make sure the rear vent on the back of the center console is either turned off all the way or turned on all the way. I had that whining noise problem in my last gs and that was it.

I have the same experience with my GS. Try opening up the rear vents partially. As youo open them the noise may subside.