Remotes Are Driving Me Crazy!

stever

I recently changed both batteries in our two master keys to try and get them to remotely open the trunk- no dice. I then used one key and made it the master and wiped out all other keys. I then re-registered my second key to the car (after many tries using different methods), but they both still do not open the trunk. Anyone got an idea on what's wrong here? Any help would be most beneficial. Thanks, Steve.

I recently changed both batteries in our two master keys to try and get them to remotely open the trunk- no dice. I then used one key and made it the master and wiped out all other keys. I then re-registered my second key to the car (after many tries using different methods), but they both still do not open the trunk. Anyone got an idea on what's wrong here? Any help would be most beneficial. Thanks, Steve.

steve, not to insult your intelligence, but you are holding downt the trunk button for several seconds right? i have run into a lot of people who think their trunk key is not working but they just don't know to hold it in for about 3 seconds. if you are doing this already, which i'm sure you are, then i have no idea. my key is separate from my remote (95-model) and i just changed the batteries in both masters two days ago and they are working great.

steve, not to insult your intelligence, but you are holding downt the trunk button for several seconds right? i have run into a lot of people who think their trunk key is not working but they just don't know to hold it in for about 3 seconds. if you are doing this already, which i'm sure you are, then i have no idea. my key is separate from my remote (95-model) and i just changed the batteries in both masters two days ago and they are working great.

I'm not insulted :whistles:

But I believe that the two key remotes are finally giving out and I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that my security system's days are numbered. It looks like aftermarket systems work a lot better at greater distances- I just hate to lump another box on my key ring. :censored:

BTW thanks for the reply :cheers: