2003 Es 300 Navigation Question

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I am a first time Lexus owner and just purchased a 2003 ES 300 and picked it up from the dealer on Saturday. It has the Nav system and after trying to learn how to use it, I noticed that the version of the CD is 2001 V1. I would think that a 2003 car would have a newer version with the updates. Is this not the case? Should I go back to the dealer and ask for a newer version? When I first test drove the car it didnt have a Nav CD installed, it was later installed when I picked up the car. Can I / should I get a newer version to upgrade?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I am a first time Lexus owner and just purchased a 2003 ES 300 and picked it up from the dealer on Saturday. It has the Nav system and after trying to learn how to use it, I noticed that the version of the CD is 2001 V1. I would think that a 2003 car would have a newer version with the updates. Is this not the case? Should I go back to the dealer and ask for a newer version? When I first test drove the car it didnt have a Nav CD installed, it was later installed when I picked up the car. Can I / should I get a newer version to upgrade?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

When I bought my new 2003 ES300 in the Spring of 2003 the DVD Navigation disc installed was, Data ver.02.1. This means that disc I had was produced in 2002, even though I had the '03 ES.

I then upgraded this disc in 2004, but it cost me about $325.

I doubt whether your dealer will give you the current DVD for your NAV free. The best thing is to ask him/her.

Personally, I would make this update though, because there have been many new changes in roads and Points of Interest since 2002.

It depends on when the car was manufactured. The updates come out in like October, so the 07 update would not come out until October 07, so 2007 Lexus cars have the 2006 disc, does that make sense?

If your 03 was manufactured in August it would still have the 01 disc that came on the 02s.

Just update the disc, the dealer won't do it (nor should they). You can get them at www.lexus-parts.com for less than $300.