1999 Gs 300 Lost Master Key Problems

WHAT CAN I DO IF I LOST THE ONLY KEY I HAD FOR MY LEXUS? I CALLED EVERY LOCK SMITH IN THE CITY AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO CALL LEXUS. I CALLED A LEXUS DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAY THE ONLY WAY TO GET A NEW KEY TO WORK IS TO INSTALL A NEW COMPUTER. 4-5 DAYS AND ABOUT $2,000. HAS ANYBODY AVER BEEN THROUGH THIS? ANY ADVISE YOU CAN GIVE WOULD REALLY HELP ME OUT. THANKS GUYS

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT CAN I DO IF I LOST THE ONLY KEY I HAD FOR MY LEXUS? I CALLED EVERY LOCK SMITH IN THE CITY AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO CALL LEXUS. I CALLED A LEXUS DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAY THE ONLY WAY TO GET A NEW KEY TO WORK IS TO INSTALL A NEW COMPUTER. 4-5 DAYS AND ABOUT $2,000. HAS ANYBODY AVER BEEN THROUGH THIS? ANY ADVISE YOU CAN GIVE WOULD REALLY HELP ME OUT. THANKS GUYS

Youngjay84

Naw juss online and find a place that sell the keys and give your vin number it will be way less than going to the lexus dealer cause they have out standing prices

Search these forums. This top has been covered at least 1,000 times.

The suggestion below will not work. You cannot program any new keys without an already working master key, regardless of where you get them.

Your options are to replace the ECU and obtain new keys or to remove your ECU, send it to some (possible fly-by-night) company, and have it reprogrammed to accept new keys, which usually are available from the same place.

You will find much info. on your options by looking around this forum.

Youngjay84

Naw juss online and find a place that sell the keys and give your vin number it will be way less than going to the lexus dealer cause they have out standing prices

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

check it out .. ive never tried it but i will soon ..since my current key is getting kinda of beat up but try it hopefully it works

<br>

<biG>

http://www.toy-lex.com/programming11.html

• 1 month later...
yep that's the way it works. one option is to keep an eye out on ebay to see if anyone is selling a used ecm with matching keys.

False, that is the proceedure for programming the wireless entry portion of the programming. The vehicle's immobilizer still needs to be programmed. (computer needs to recognize the new key) The particular Lexus dealership that I work at has a

computer program to re-flash the computer to accept the new key. This proceedure pays 2.0hrs labor.