Best Sunshade ?

I have never used one because getting into a hot car doesn't bother me, but I was wondering if you were aware that if you hold down the open button of the key all the windows and the sunroof will open to allow the heat to escape? Have you tried this, you may find that it works so well you don't need a sunshade

My wife is clammoring for a sunshade to keep the RX cool in the parking lot. What have you used that you like?

I got mine at the dealer, custom for the RX, and it does fit exceptionally well. I don't recall the brand they sell, and the salesman went and got it for me when we bought, so there was no charge, but it's the aluminum cloth skinned version, rolls up with a velcro strap for storage.

My wife is clammoring for a sunshade to keep the RX cool in the parking lot. What have you used that you like?

The cheap wire bound pop open shade is what I use... fits neatly between the console and the passenger seat.

Gotta get the large or X-large one to cover vast expanse of glass.

I also have one of the fold up accordian jobs with the notch in the middle for the rear view mirror... but I like to use that along the passenger side windows to block even more sun. It sits across the arm rests of the front and rear doors.

I got mine at the dealer, custom for the RX, and it does fit exceptionally well. I don't recall the brand they sell, and the salesman went and got it for me when we bought, so there was no charge, but it's the aluminum cloth skinned version, rolls up with a velcro strap for storage.

addendum: I've used these folks on several cars, as well, and they do a nice job, same materials as my dealer's but a different brand, Fast delivery. Canvas Works/Heat Shields

• 1 month later...