Air Fuel Sensor Wiring Harness Issues

I have been reading this forum for days, searching and researching and learning. We are down to one code on our car, P0330, which can be (normally) 3 things: open or short in the knock sensor circuit, knock sensor looseness, ECM issues.

We are almost positive the knock sensors are fine. The real test came when husband switched the bank 2 with the bank 1. Theoretically, it then would have thrown out the P0325 for Bank 1, but it didn't, so we switched it back and still got P0330. I almost got giddy when I noticed the Air Fuel fuse contacts were black in the fuse box, but it wasn't technically blown. I went and bought a replacement fuse, but within about 1/2 mile the check engine light went back on, so it more then likely wasn't the problem.

Again, I don't believe the sensor itself is the problem, I believe it is the area between EC1 and the ECM. My question is...has anyone replaced this wiring harness? The only note I pulled off this forum was that it might be behind the intake manifold. I also pulled from this forum that this pigtail is about $35 - $65 and that 90% of the time with this kind of code the wiring is the problem not the sensor, which is why people will replace the sensor alone and the problem persists.

Also, I do not fully have my husband convinced that the wiring *IS* the problem, he just doesn't understand WHAT would corrode these wires to render them non functional.

I am pushing for him to do as the FSM states: check for an open short between the EC1 & ECM, check and possibly replace ECM (is that expensive? I haven't looked, and why would it go bad?) and the lastly, it states replace the knock sensor.

As always, I appreciate if anyone has BTDT and is willing to share what and how they solved the problem.