Emergency Brake Locked Up On 93 Es300

My emergency brake has siezed up on my 1992 es 300. It seems to only be locked up on the rear passenger side wheel only. How do you replace the E brake cable and how difficult is it?

If you saw my recent thread, you will see it is difficult if your car has been in the rust belt. I had a hard time loosening the eyelet over the exhaust. Funny thing was after the brake line and fuel lines were done, the exhaust leaked at the coverer output. I got a replacement gasket fron NAPA for $7 but the corrosion made too big a gap. Instead of buying 3 or 4, I asked the parts person for 1 that was a lot thicker and it was only $3 and 2 new bolts and nuts and that was done.

Back to your original question. If the Lexus Dealer hasn't done this for you before and screw it up, it may not be to bad.

Remove wheel and rotor. Remove brake "shoes" not pads. Remove bolt on backing plate. Remove the 2 clamps that hold the hose in place. Note that the clamps go over the metal part of the cable. Over the Exhaust pipe, turn the cable towards the side of the car that it is on so it is facinf the door. Pust the eyelet up and remove. Reverse procedutre to install. After rotor is on ,adjust star wheel until the rotor doesn't turn, reverse 8 clicks until it is loose. Make sure the brake is tight and then loose before you put the car down. Note that the brake shoes are only 2mm thick new. Unless you have worn them out to metal, you should be ok. I got the from the dealer for $58 because it was the second one. They said they did not warrenty the job more than 30 days but gave me a discouted price.

It took days of using the cable before it would really hold the car well. Getting out the stretching

Thanks for the advice. Is it possible to just remove the E brake shoes and just not ever use the E brake again? Would this work and would it be safe? I don't really need the E brake so I don't wan't to put money into it unless I have to.