2004 Ml Audio W/nav Ipod Integration

I have a 2004 ES330 w/ ML audio system, NAV, XM radio (OEM), 6 cd changer in console and am looking into ipod integration options. I like the Vaistech product but am concerned that I will not see song info as text.

My audio screen shows CD text when I use the in dash CD, but not w/ the CD changer. I just get CD and track number. Supposedly CD text display in changer mode is necessary for song title display. The Vaistech application guide indicates that text is displayed in this model, so I am confused.

Anybody using the Vaistech product w/ a 2004 ES330?

My VAISTECH iPod unit goes in May 17th, we'll soon find out how well it works!

My nav is the older generation, but mine only displays text when I use the in dash and not the changer also, so we'll see.

Just installed the unit today. Was a snap. Placed the unit under the ashtray of the center console- plenty of extra space there . Routed the cord to exit along the side of the console for now. May run it later into the center compartment or glove box.

The unit does display titles :cheers:

Sound quality is excellent.

One tip that was not in the manual (or at least that I saw).

The interface screen did not have direct controls for the playlist (disk+ and disk-). The double arrows up and down will FF or rew. If you toggle the disc skip button on, the double arrows will control the playlist selection up or down.

Enjoy!

Just installed the unit today. Was a snap. Placed the unit under the ashtray of the center console- plenty of extra space there . Routed the cord to exit along the side of the console for now. May run it later into the center compartment or glove box.

Would you have photos of the installed unit?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
One tip that was not in the manual (or at least that I saw).

The interface screen did not have direct controls for the playlist (disk+ and disk-). The double arrows up and down will FF or rew. If you toggle the disc skip button on, the double arrows will control the playlist selection up or down.

Enjoy!

I also have a 2004 ES330, ML, NAV, Cd changer in the console. Since I would like to install the same thing myself, if you don't have any photos, could you please give a quick description of the steps you took to get rear access to the head unit to connect the cable? I haven't found instructions so far to either remove the unit or easily gain access. For the price of installation, I could almost buy the Factory Service Manuals. Which may be next. I did download the 05 FSMs, but they do not cover the interior. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have a photo you could share with us?